This Tourism Month, Table Mountain Cableway is celebrating beautiful South Africa and reminding locals to take advantage of their year-round specials when planning a staycation.
Young, old, from up-country, a neighbouring city or a Cape Town resident – there are many ways to save with deals specifically tailored to locals:
- Kidz Season From 1 May until 30 September each year, the Kidz Season special sees two kids under 18 years ride the Cableway for free when an adult return ticket is purchased for R255 at the Lower Station Ticket Office or online. This special is only valid on weekends, public holidays and during the school holidays.
- Sunset Special This ½ price deal runs from 1 November until 28 February (excluding 18 December – 3 January) annually and sees adults and children aged 4-17 paying half price when purchasing return tickets from the Cableway Ticket Office at 6pm or online from tablemoutain.net. Sunset special tickets purchased online are scanned from 6pm only.
- Birthday Special What’s better than a free ride up the mountain? The Cableway gives one free adult return ticket to South Africans on the day of their birthday or to make use of in the week thereafter. This ticket can be collected at the Visitor Centre at the Lower Station by visitors18 years and older, upon presentation of a valid South African ID.
- Seniors and Students Every Friday South African senior citizens over the age of 60 pay R100 return, with students paying R130 return. Pensioners can also enjoy a special discount on a meal at the Table Mountain Cafe. This deal is only available from the Lower Station Ticket Office upon presentation of a valid South African ID for pensioners or valid student card for students.
- Cable Card A Cable Card costs R590 for adults or R300 for children under 17 years of age, and entitles visitors up to one return trip in the cable car per day, weather permitting, for a year. An “Adult and Child Combo”card can also be purchased for just R690, with SANParks Wild Card and My Green Card holders enjoying a 20% discount on any Cable Cards purchase. Additionally, card holders qualify for various discounts on selected items at the Shop at the Top and Table Mountain Café.
- Class in the Clouds Giving learners an opportunity to experience the beauty of the mountain and learn about the fauna and flora in a natural setting, Class in the Clouds runs annually from 1 March until 31 October, with schools paying R45 per learner. For every 10 primary school learners, or 15 high school learners, one teacher travels free. Since its inception in 2001, more than 250 000 learners have participated in the programme.
Cableway is also inviting locals to celebrate the Cableway’s anniversary during the month of October. Special discount vouchers will be printed in all the community newspapers during the last week of September. Locals need to cut this out and bring it along to the Cableway during October in order to pay R150 per adult return ticket and get a child return ticket free.
Put Table Mountain on your bucket list, select a special to suit your needs and enjoy the beauty that one of South Africa’s best attractions has to offer.
Table Mountain Cableway is open weather dependant. For information about Cableway’s various specials call (021) 424 8181 or visit www.tablemountain.net. Visit Twitter @TableMountainCa or Facebook.com/TableMountainCa.