Grab your mates or organize a date – after a sold out March event the #JoziWineRoute returns to 4th Avenue, Parkhurst on Wednesday 5 April from 6pm to 9pm. With 14 venues and over 25 producers lined up, it’s time to ready your tastebuds for some wine fun.Account Manager
Grab your mates or organize a date – after a sold out March event the #JoziWineRoute returns to 4th Avenue, Parkhurst on Wednesday 5 April from 6pm to 9pm. With 14 venues and over 25 producers lined up, it’s time to ready your tastebuds for some wine fun.
Some tips to make the most of your sips:
- Arrive early – More time to taste the wines you’re interested in before venues fill up
- Put on your wine walking shoes – Comfort is key, and that step count means tastings are “guilt free”
- Book for supper – Tastings close at 9pm but venues remain open thereafter. Be sure to book for some supper at your favourite Parkhurst spot
- Mix it up a little – The map is a mere guideline, visit the #JoziWineRoute venues as you please
- Prepare to buy some wine – You might find your favourite at Dry Dock Liquors
- Find the wine fairies – If you’re lost, they’ll be able to show you around
- Get tatted – Find your wild wine side. Werner and Mash are on hand with free wine inspired temporary tatoos
Want to be a bit more in the know? Why not brush up on this short list of wine terms before embarking on your mid-week wine adventure:
- Aroma or bouquet – the smell of a wine
- Body – the weight of a wine in your mouth (light, medium or full)
- Crisp – refers to the fresh acidity of a wine
- Soft – a wine with a smooth mouthfeel (as opposed to crisp)
- Fruity – a flavour suggesting elements of fruit (does not imply sweetness)
- Oaky – smoky, toasty flavours
- Finish – the impression a wine leaves when you’ve quaffed that first sip
- Tannic – a firm red wine, leaves your mouth feeling a bit dry
With newcomers Rockets, 4th Avenue Coffee Roasters and The Tap House joining the route, wine tastings will also happen at Coobs, Craft, Café del Sol Tre, Hudsons, Vovo Telo, YuMe, Dry Dock Liquor, White House Interiors, The Art Room, Bottega Cafe and Wolfpack during April’s #JoziWineRoute. Why not pick a spot and book a post wine tasting supper?
Pre-sold tickets are available from Quicket for R250. Alternatively buy tickets from The Art Room or White House Interiors using SnapScan or the card facilities on the night. Your wineglass, wristband and route map can also be collected from either venue.
The final #JoziWineRoute for 2017 will take place on Wednesday 3 May 2017. Early Bird tickets will go on sale on 10 April. Visit www.tuningthevine.co.za for more details. Follow @JoziWineRoute on Twitter and visit Facebook.com/JoziWineRoute to join the conversation.
Contact us for hi-res version